Anna’s love affair with cake was strained to the breaking point due to the limited availability of cake that met her dietary needs. Locating a bakery that specializes in tasty GF items can be a challenge along with being hard on the wallet, and homemade GF cakes don’t always turn out so well… but boy-oh-boy did I ever find a wonderful shortcut to cake heaven!
Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix is easily modified into a deliciously moist cake for under ten dollars–which is quite cheap! I can now whip up a cake the whole family could enjoy… if Anna didn’t squirrel it away so quickly!
This cake mix is friendly and versatile. I have tried various combinations of added ingredients, and it’s turned out every time. Banana cake is next on my list and I expect it will be equally moist and yummy!
- Substitute melted coconut oil for butter
- Substitute sweetened vanilla almond milk for “milk”
- Add 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add one 8 ounce can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- Add 1 cup chopped walnuts