- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 10 cups unsalted popcorn
- 4 1/2 Tbs. “butter”
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup (pure)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- candy thermometer
- large shallow baking pan covered with foil, then lightly oiled
- wooden spoon lightly oiled
- Toss nuts and popcorn in large metal (very important) bowl
- Melt “butter” in 1-1/2 quart sauce pan (non stick works really well) over moderate heat. Add syrup and salt, then boil, without stirring, until mixture registers 300 F on thermometer. Time varies, but usually about 20-30 minutes.
- Pour the HOT HOT HOT mixture over nuts and popcorn, stirring briskly with oiled spoon to coat. Immediately spread popcorn in baking pan.
Cool and enjoy!
July 12, 2012