We use this recipe for special occasions around our house. The marinade is simple and makes the tenderloin tasty as well as tender. Be mindful not to overcook the meat as pork dries out easily. The original recipe calls for balsamic vinegar, but I substitute cherry vinegar. Yummy!!!
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely diced or grated
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar (or any dark fruity vinegar)
- 2 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1# each)
- Stir ingredients together in small bowl. Place tenderloin in reclosable freezer bag and pour marinade over meat. Rotate the meat covering all sides with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, flipping bag occasionally. You can also prepare it in the morning for grilling later in the day.
- Preheat grill. Sear tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating meat every 5-10 minutes. Cook until internal temperature is 160 F followed by 10 minutes of resting to lock in juices.