This gluten free/dairy free rendition of thumbprint cookies has nice flavor, and yes, they are as big as they look in the photo due to the fact Anna likes them with lots of jam! They also have better texture when they are slightly larger than the traditional thumbprint size, however, if you are making them smaller be careful not to over bake since they dry out easily.
- 1/2 cup buttery spread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- jam or preserves of your choice–raspberry, strawberry, apricot…
- Beat together buttery spread and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Stir dry ingredients together, adding gradually to the wet ingredients, mixing until it is smooth and fully incorporated.
- Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet, pushing down with your thumb to create an indent to hold jam.
Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will be firm on top and lightly golden on the bottom.
Cool and enjoy!