Croutons and chicken salad are two things that should never be eaten from a bag or container; for the time required to prepare them yields an enormous return in both flavor and freshness. This is an extremely simple and delicious method for serving a clean protein that also includes fruits and vegetables for unsuspecting family and friends.
- Cut up rotisserie or leftover chicken into 1/4″ pieces
- Celery, green onions, apples, grapes, dried fruit, nuts etc… cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1-2 tsp. Dijon mustard or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise, as needed
- Place chopped chicken in bowl. Combine fruit, vegetables, and nuts together, equal to the volume of the chicken. Add to chicken, gently mixing everything together.
- Add 1-2 tsp. Dijon mustard.
- Gradually add mayonnaise until mixture sticks together and no longer falls apart immediately.
- This is great on sandwiches, salads, scooped up with chips, or just eaten with a fork! My family loves this and it rarely lasts the day.